About Me

My photo
Hi there! I'm a first grade teacher in the heart of Kansas. I'm a firm believer in loving a lot, living a full life and, of course, teaching! I enjoy cooking, Pinteresting, a great cup of coffee in the morning and a good glass of wine at night. I'd love to get to know others in the blogging world, so please leave a comment so I can get to know you too!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let's Get To Know Each Other!



What a perfect Linky Party for someone just starting a blog!  The topic this week is to list three things about ourselves or three things we like to do using our initials.  Hmm...

Well let me first say that my legal name is Elizabeth but since the beginning of time I've gone by Liz. I'll stick with that for this post, too.

So for L:


Lauging! I know that's not a super unique trait, but I do love laughing and I think I'm pretty good at it (see, even that awful brag just made me giggle!).  I have been blessed by a witty family, hilarious friends and since I teach first grade, I feel like I always have many laughs each day with the kiddos.  This weekend I get to kick off my spring break by a girls weekend with my ol' sorority sisters, so I know we will have a ton of laughs together!

(some of the lovely ladies I'll be reunited with this weekend!)

Y- Uhhhh.... Once again, my strange middle name makes something difficult!  I think I'll go with the YMCA.  Where I'm from, there are Ys aplenty, so it's hard to find an excuse not to get to the gym.  I do love to move around, especially after a stressful day at school.  I've found that it is the best at easing tension and taking my mind off of all those things that keep my brain buzzing.  My favorite type of exercise is Turbokick, a super-fun class the Y offers.  Who wouldn't love dancing and punching away that stress? 




F - Food.  I love eating, I love trying new dishes, I love cooking, and I love FOOD! I feel like I'm always eating.  Let's not forget the beverages that also go with food, such as a strong cup of coffee with a bagel or a nice glass of red wine with dinner at night, which are loves of mine as well.  I've also become a huge Pioneer Woman fan - Ree is amazing! 


Link up to this party too!  Don't forget to read and comment on the last two bloggers who posted :)




4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the linky party. Your comment about laughing made me think of one of my job interviews when they asked what three characteristics someone else would say I had. I said "I think others would say I am funny" then I laughed out loud and then said "that's ok to say right? I mean I can say I am funny". Ha! I got the job though. They must have liked how real I was!

    I am going to have to check out the Pioneer Woman....I have a lot of good things about her. I also enjoy to cook, but it is a recent hobby. :)

    I am your newest follower! Welcome to the blogging world! Please let me know if you ever need anything.

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your helpful offer! I'm definitely learning a lot and realizing there is sooo much more to learn about this whole blogging world! I'll come visit your blog soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm going out to lunch tomorrow with my friends from College. It looks like you & your friends are recent grads - we're not;)

    I haven't seen Pioneer Woman yet...might have to give it a try!

    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Deniece, thank you for your sweet compliment that we LOOK like recent grads! I've got a little more pep in my step now and feeling a little younger :) Definitely try out the PW - she is amazing!

      Delete