1. This week definitely needed a caffeine boost. What better way than a piping hot Starbucks on a rainy day?
2. A student brought me the most beautiful tulip! It opened up throughout the day and brought a smile to my face every time I passed by!
3. Date Night with my guy! We had a delicious sushi dinner out and then saw the movie 42, which obviously had to include Junior Mints. (Great movie, by the way!)
4. High School students came to visit our class to teach our kiddos sign language. Not only were my little babies excited to show me all the signs they learned (Ms. Fowler, this means giraffe! Watch this! I can sign "popcorn"!), but it was also an excellent teaching opportunity about accepting differences in others. We strayed from my lesson plans to talk about differences in communication, sight, learning and body types and why we need to always look at what is on the inside of a person. My little ones were so earnest to share their hearts! I'm one proud teacher :)
5. One of my little ones who has come soooooo far this year and exceeded my expectations from when he first arrived at our school wrote me this note:
I love my Fowler I got Kookabirds
Apparently I am right up there with his beloved Angry Birds game. I'll gladly accept :)
How was your week? Link up here and share! Don't forget to comment or follow the two bloggers before you!